Sunday, December 8, 2013

Peppermint Theme

Gingerbuilders had lots of peppermint candies, so I decided to put them to good use and decorate a house using only peppermint (and a smidgen of candy wafers.)

This gave us brilliant ideas for themed houses.  More on that to come.

I was fortunate enough to get a snow day from work on a Friday, so I occupied my day mixing dough, letting it rest, then later rolling and building.


Meanwhile, I set to work giving my house some siding.  I had all of the tools I needed...

In talking with the other Gingerbuilders, we decided to use candy windows from here out.  The surface of melted candy is smoother than cut gingerbread.  Plus, then the windows really glow!  I put a Christmas tree inside the windows of this house, but it's not easy to see.


The swirly peppermint Christmas Tree was a great find!  And the peppermint path made a LOT of noise in my blender, but I think it's quite welcoming.


Another seasonal candy win was the snowman who greets you at the door.

And here's the Peppermint Farmhouse!

2 comments: